losing my dad

i have been caring for my dad for the last 2 years and recently gave up work to be with him. i was with him when he died in hospital and blame myself for taking him there and never being able to bring him home. i live on my own and my mum has mental health illness and therefore is not really any support as dad would do everything for her associated with the house so i find i’m now doing it. i get angry and am not interested in doing anything

Hello @joanne1971, I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad - thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you’re feeling.

Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through. It sounds like you are coping with a lot at the moment - have you got any support that’s just for you? You might want to take a look at our Online Bereavement Support, which includes our free online bereavement counselling which is held via video chat, our Grief Guide which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Take care,
Seaneen

1 Like