Losing my Dad

I am new here but came across this website whilst looking for some kind of support group!

I am struggling atm and hoping speaking on here may help!

2 years ago I lost my dad, it was during covid so we weren’t able to see him in the build up and it came unexpectedly so didn’t get chance to make the most of the time.

A couple of years on I am still struggling as much as I was then. I often have uncomfortable dreams which can trigger me and the recent bereavement of a colleague has been very triggering.

The main thing on my mind recently is the worry of people close to me losing someone. My boyfriends dad has become ill and as selfish as it sounds I am scared for anything to happen to him as I don’t feel strong enough myself to be able to help him in the way he would need me to. Is it normal to feel like this? I remember how hard it was at the beginning (and still is now) and I don’t want him to go through that either, and doubt that I have it in me to support him

Thanks for listening xx

Hi i am new on here today too, i lost my dad 8 years ago and life hasnt been the same ever since and i dont think it ever will be. It is completely normal for you to feel that u aernt strong enough to support ur partner as well as yourself, dont ever feel like your being selfish atall. I really struggled when my dad first passed but it has got easier over the years. The advice i would give from my personal experience is dont push yourself too hard, deal with the loss in ur own time and way. It will get easier. Just take one day at a time. I really hope this has been helpful and that things get easier for you x