Losing my Dad

I lost my Dad suddenly 3 weeks ago, and I just can’t cope with the grief. It really has hit me harder today. He lived in France, but we were with him for Easter in Paris. He went home and went to bed and never woke up. I just can’t imagine never seeing him or hearing him again. My mum died 10 years ago. My sisters both died 33 years and 19 years ago. Losing the last parent is absolutely heartbreaking. How do you get over the pain…its so raw.

Hello @Loub1975, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds like you’ve had so much loss in your life and it’s understandable that you’re feeling so heartbroken. You are not alone. Many of our members have sadly lost their parents and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m just letting you know that I’ve moved this to our Losing a parent category, so that you can get the support that you need from people who’ve been there. Keep reaching out and take good care :blue_heart:

Thanks for that hopefully some more people will have some advice.

I lost my dad suddenly 6 months ago i was in shock for ages sometimes i think i still slightly am it was just so unexpected iv never experienced loss like it. Its so hard i have good days and bad days sometimes i still cant believe it its the sheer unexpectedness of it that i cant get my head round just wanted you to know ya not alone and so sorry for all your loss i really hope things get easier for you.

1 Like

Thanks for replying yes you’re right its the unexpected nature of it, no time to get used to the idea. And suddenly youbwill never see them again, never hug, never laugh with them. I have lost my biggest fan. :tired_face:.

1 Like