Losing my dad

I lost my beautiful dad just over 5 years ago. I witnessed him being revived by paramedics, something which I can’t get rid of in my mind. I call out to him in my sleep, and can relive every minute of the day that he died, I’ve being diagnosed with ptsd and had many counselling sessions but I just can’t get back to how I was, I suffered a breakdown at work just under a year ago which has led me to counselling which helps in the there and now but once I stop speaking to them I’m a hot mess

Hello @Daddysgirl123,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to look at Losing a parent - coping with the death of a parent | Sue Ryder

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex