Losing my dad 💔

21/04/24 I lost my dad age 76
I never thought of my dad being old but within 4/5 months he was taken from me with the dreaded diagnosis of localised advanced prostate cancer and non Hodgkin’s b cell lymphoma :broken_heart:
He had 2 sets of chemotherapy but his body couldn’t tolerate it 07/04/24 they told us they would not offer him anymore treatment and he was terminal and end of life. He was in hospital waiting for a hospice bed they said it could be a few weeks or a couple of months
He only made it for 2 weeks after that
I just can’t get my head around it
Why did he have to go so fast
Why did they say they can’t treat him
5 months I was taking him to all his appointments and looking after him and now all of a sudden he’s gone
I just don’t know what to do
I sit here crying throughout the day
Everyone’s saying don’t keep crying but I can’t stop :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Cry as much as you need to. It’s better to embrace the pain now, rather than stifle it. It is the most horrible pain, I know. My dad was the same age when we lost him at the end of last year. He was fit, healthy and on no medications. But unbeknownst to him he had a blocked artery, which caused a heart attack. It’s the worst thing that has happened in my life, bar none, and I’m sure that you would say the same. As Winston Churchill said, though, when you’re going through hell, keep going. And keep posting here. :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Cry. Let it all out. I do. Best source of medicine crying I think. So sorry to hear this. I recently lost my dad and I feel numb

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: I really have no words to explain how I feel :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

You need to cry, talk to someone, it’s still all very raw, things will get easier but to be truthful it never goes away, you just adapt to a different way of life, take time and don’t feel pressured into ‘getting over it’ take as long as you need

1 Like