Losing my dad

Hi everyone, so 7 weeks ago my dad passed away and i thought i was coping ok until this weekend i cant stop crying and i feel like my heart has been ripped out and i dont know what to do

2 Likes

Hey Claire,
I’m sorry for your loss. Its so hard losing someone and knowing how to cope with grief is even harder. Crying is a start, letting the emotion out is something i struggled to do. Its never good to bottle it up, I know.
Do you have someone close ypu can talk to?
Ive found this group really good, having people who are going through what youre going through and able to relate is a godsend, in the right way I mean.
I read through a lot of different posts on here and realised we’re all coping the best we can, but I got comfort from total strangers. It has certainly helped me.
Hope you can get some comfort from this group too x

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Its still raw and fresh. Just let it out.

Ever since I lost my mum 4 months ago, I feel society pressures us to ‘cope’. Everyone else has moved on but I’m left with this massive black hole in my heart. How can anyone cope after losing a parent especially when its all so fresh. It’s a massive deal.

Don’t feel like you have to cope with anything. You have lost your dad, a significant person of your whole life.

Take your time. Grieve. Look after yourself mostly. It’s tough. Please don’t bottle it up.

2 Likes

Hi clare
So sorry for your loss. 7 weeks is really early days so i cant say im surprised you have been crying and feel like you are not coping. Everyone is different with the grieving process and there is no right way to grieve. People talk about making sure you are grieving. Well how do you do that? It is what it is and take it as it comes. I find it helps to read other posts as it makes you realise that we are all different and there is no right or wrong. Loosing a parent is horrific, just allow yourself to feel whatever you do. For me its been 3 months, and every day is different with how i feel. I try not to analyse it as it doesnt help. Semding hugs and we are here if you want to chat

I’m sorry for your loss. I also lost my dad and it’s such an immense pain, like an abyss just opened in front of you and you fall with no one to catch you. The only thing we can do is to take one day or one hour at a time. Half an hour at a time even. Reading here can help a little. If you have people around you, talk to them and let them know how they can support you. Sending love and hugs. :heart:

Hi Claire

I’m so sorry about your Dad, my Dad passed away 3 months ago and I don’t think a day has passed that I haven’t cried, I feel like my world has been ripped apart and will never be the same again. I hope with time I can turn the tears into smiles and remember the happy days and I hope you can do it too and remember fond memories of a wonderful Dad.

Big hugs x