Losing my Daddy

I am struggling to cope with losing my Daddy, who was the love of my life. He was the most funny, happy man who loved music and cryptic crosswords. I don’t know how to move on. My mum and sister are being so stoic but I know they are devastated. I can’t support them. I have been off work for 4 weeks as it was a hard and unexpected passing. I don’t know what to do.

4 Likes

Just for you to be able to share this with us shows a great start all over it’s well everything will be OK and remember daddy is resting well,just be strong for your family :handshake: my heart felt condolences

1 Like

Hi Deborah,

Many people are off work for much longer than 4 weeks. I was off work for over 3 months. It was the shock and the trauma. I still can’t believe it. But I’ve returned to work on a phased return, and so far I feel supported.

There’s no need to move on, by the way. Carry on, yes. Carry on with your life, with your daddy in your heart :heart:.

2 Likes

Thank you. It was a shock and a terrible week with him not waking up in intensive care and having to let him go. I am getting signed off till after Easter. Thanks again for your message and I really hope you are doing as well as you can be and so sorry for your loss also.

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Dad in December and even now I still can’t believe he’s gone. I don’t know if reading about the bereavement of parents and even watching YouTube video’s on it would help you - it has helped me to understand the range of emotions I feel. I came across a Julia Samuel on YouTube and watching her helped me. Sue Ryder pages also helped as did CRUSE. I hope you do find a way to cope. Help is available. Take care of yourself.

1 Like