Losing my daughter (28) too soon after my mam and sister!

Hi there, I honestly do not know if I am coming or going anymore. April 2018 my mam died of cancer a month after diagnosis. I was still trying to come to terms with this and bracing myself for the first anniversary when my twin sister was found dead, aged 51. I already lost a sister in 2008 aged 50 but my twin was so much harder to take in. At the time I had 5 children, 17 to 32, and they all kind of panicked that I would be next so I found myself being their support. At the end of 2019 another sister fought for her life into 2020 against sepsis and won, then Covid struck us all. I was living in a remote village and my kids pushed me to move closer to them so I did.

My youngest daughter, Emily, was disabled so shielded throughout 2020, talking to us via facebook video. We entered 2021 grateful that our family had not suffered any loss through Covid.

Then came the vaccinations… At the end of February my eldest daughter had her first jab while Emily struggled to get hold of her GP to arrange her own only for them to turn up unannounced on the 2nd March to vaccinate her. Emily’s life were her sisters 2 children, she idolised her nephew and niece and them, her. She had been locked up in her flat for almost a year and saw the vaccinations as a way to get out and see her family in the flesh. She was texting with her little brother (18) until 4am on the morning of the 4th March.

After not hearing a word from Emily throughout the day her sister went to her flat and found her in bed, dead.

The coroner has said Emily’s disability does not appear to be the cause of her death and they checked the site of her vaccination. She was concerned enough about how Emily died that she passed her over to another hospital for a pathologist postmortom. As we waited for her brain to be reunited with her body we had to wait until April 20th for her funeral; the same day 3 years on that my mother was cremated.

It is now July and we still await a cause of death! My son turned 19 without his sister (they were really close), Mother’s and Father’s Day have gone by, both bitter sweet days. Another of my sisters had a heart attack and lived, thankfully. Her father and I have just had our first birthdays without one of our children here. Her 29th birthday which falls between my grandchildren’s 11th and 14th is in 5 weeks. All her siblings are devastated and again I find myself fighting to stay strong for them, especially my other daughter who found her sister dead. I am estranged from their father, living alone with Emily’s precious fur baby who I have taken in. I have no one to hold me and tell me everything will be alright because I need to be that person for those around me.

I want to scream from the rooftops about the vaccine killing my baby but I can’t as I do not know if it did. Everyone says 2 days after the jab is suspicious, what is more suspicious is shortly after her death that vaccine was not to be given to under 30’s.

Some days I can almost forget or pretend life is good, other days merely hearing her name or looking at her photo floors me but I hold it in, afraid to let it fully go. I thought losing my mam was hard, it is nothing to losing my baby girl!

2 Likes

Dear Zecal,

I am so sorry for all that you and your children are going though. Your Emiily must have been much loved, and it is so tragic that just as you all thought the vaccinations would make it possible to spend more time together, you lost her. It must be awful on top of that to have to wait so long to find out what the results are of the post mortem. I wished there was anything I could do to lessen your pain and sadness. I admire you for trying to stay strong for your other children, especially after you already lost your mum and your twin sister, two people who wouild no doubt have been a great support to you now if they were still alive. Trying to cope on your own must be really difficult. We all need others sometimes to be there for us. What about your sister who recovered from sepsis? Are you close to her, and can you share your feelings with her? Or maybe a good friend? It is also good that you have come to this site, and I sincerely hope that some people in similar situations will reach out to you. Sending love and a big virtual hug your way.
Jo

Zecal I am so very sorry to hear of your losses, deepest sympathies are sent your way.
I’m so comforted to find someone else who has been through this, because I feel so alone. My son died less than 72 hours after the 2nd AZ vaccination. No cause of death has been found, no explanation, no answers as to why this happened. My beautiful boy was 20 years old! I’m angry with the NHS for allowing this jab when they were aware his medical history posed a threat of death - they made us believe it was safe despite my son having heart surgery in April and a low blood count.
It seems no one is prepared to be held accountable over the vaccines. Its likely that we need to go to an inquest and relive this traumatic event again, i did cpr on my son for 35 to 40mins before the emergency teams arrived.

To know i am not alone is a massive comfort but I am so sad that you have had to go through this
too x

1 Like

Dear Kjat
I am so sorry you have lost your lovely son to the AstraZeneca vaccine. My son also died from his first vaccination in January, he was 32 and we are all heartbroken. I understand the dreadful pain you are feeling. It is not fair that our sons died because they were doing as asked.
I have sent you a private message., I hope that is ok.
My heart goes out to you
Anne.

Update: We got through Emily’s birthday relatively intact in August. 121 days after her death we got answers … we knew she had Myasthenia Gravis (autoimmune disease) and it was almost certain she had Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (IIH) (another autoimmune disease (caused by infusions she had for the MG)). If that was not enough to throw at any person, in death, we found out just how cruel a world I brought her into. The official answer is Heart Failure contributed by 3 (YES 3) autoimmune diseases. My Baby Bear also had Lupus!

*Inject a tonne of swear words in the above spaces because how fair is that? That has taken some getting used to and coming to terms with just how much her health sucked. Now we are looking forward, we have the first Christmas without her and then a short break to the 1st anniversary of her death to come. We are all still fairly traumatised by her loss but we are fighting day to day.

From my first post to now, the sister who almost died from sepsis has been hospitalised twice for serious stuff and another sister almost died from a heart attack, I am not religious but I pray 2022 is kinder,

1 Like

I pray to it’s a better year but how can it be without our loved ones x

3 Likes

I thought the same losing my mam . I gave birth to a beautiful boy 8 weeks later which got me through. I to have lost my baby girl. Never thought you could live through pain like this. Sending love x

1 Like