Losing my daughter

My 18year old old daughter passed died unecpectadly just over two weeks ago. How will we carry on. I don’t feel I can anymore.

Hello Teresa8971,

I’m so very sorry to hear that your daughter died unexpectedly just over two weeks ago. This must be an incredibly difficult time for you and it’s completely understandable that you’re not sure how you will carry on. There are others in this community who have experienced a similar loss and will understand how you feel - you’re not alone here.

Have you come across The Compassionate Friends? They’re another support organisation for bereaved families who have a variety of online and offline support options: https://www.tcf.org.uk/

If there is anything I can do to support you, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Take care of yourself,
Eleanor

Thank you. I have followed the link you suggested for support.
It’s Megan’s funeral tomorrow, I’m scared for my Megan. My whole body hurts. We miss her so much.

Hello

Hello Tereasa, so sorry for your loss, you are going through the worst time any parent can go through , and my heart aches for you, I know what it is like as we lost our lovely daughter Dawn December 2016, she was 46 years old as well , and there is a big hole in my heart that I know I will never recover from. WE are all here for for you, so when you get over this awful day please come back to us , as we all know what you are going through . Love Maddie xx

It is her funeral tomorrow, my insides really hurt. I truly don’t know how we’re going to carry on without her. I’m in total disbelief and when we’ve said her name, I can’t believe it’s my daughter we’re talking about. I miss her so much and tell her how sorry I am because I didn’t find her in time. I tried to save her but it didn’t work, I wish I’d gone up to her room earlier. I want her to know how much we love her. Thank you for your kind words xx

Oh Teresa, I feel devastasted for you , I know you are blaming yourself and believe me we have been through the same thing , its only if we could have done this and that , and its sheer torture. and when I sit and realy think especialy when I get in bEd at night , I cannot believe that it is our lovely daughter that has gone , she was so strong , but her body had just had enough, IT will be a hard day tomorrow and you will not remember much of it as it will seem like a dream which will not be a bad thing , as its the only way you will get through it. We are all for you and know what you are going through. Hugs to you all love Maddie xx

Dear Teresa, I was wondering how you got through the funeral? My beautiful daughter died August 20th. I never wanted the funeral day to come. I managed to get through it by turning the day into a beautiful send off, she had a purple coffin her favourite colour and all her special songs. We were blessed with the weather and able to have a ceramony that we spent the day together with my daughter until the time came to take her to the cremation. I miss her so much my heart aches every moment. I don’t think anyone that looses a child ever gets over it but hopefully we learn to live a different life without them. Sending you strength to cope.

I’m so sorry for your terrible loss. The whole funeral was heart breaking even the arranging of it because how would we ever know what our child would have wanted as I never discussed it with her. Megan had a white coffin also songs that we knew she liked. It’s so heart wrenching and I didn’t know how we managed to get through that day. Her funeral seemed so final. My whole body was shaking but I still managed to speak in church about Megan. We had lots of family and friends for support.
We had my beautiful Megan buried in a plot for 3 for her dad and I when it’s our turn, we found comfort in that. We visit her grave every day as it’s all we have now to look after. I also feel comfort when I’m there.
Everything is so wrong and we are still in disbelief. It was only Thursday the coroner called to tell me how my daughter died. I don’t think we will ever get over this, I certainly don’t see a future but other people tell me it gets easier. .
If you need a chat I’m more than happy to pass you my number. It’s still early days for us both.
Sending (((hugs)))
Teresa xx