Losing my Grandad

I lost my Grandad in October 2021. I saw him then 2 days later he went into hospital and never came home. Due to the restrictions at the time I wasn’t allowed in the hospital to see him again. It haunts me everyday that I didn’t get to say goodbye and hug him or hold his hand one last time. I saw him 4/5 times a week and then suddenly never seeing him again. I spend my days reading grief quotes to try and help but nothing does. It seems like my siblings aren’t that bothered anymore about losing him. I was the closest grandchild to him and it just feels like everyone else has forgotten him. And I feel angry that they are all older than me and got to spend more years with him than I did but no one made the effort with him like I did! I’m angry at the world for carrying on. I’m angry that no one seems to understand what I’m going through and I just count down the days until we meet again! My partner proposed to me this year and I’m even more angry he won’t be at my wedding that I don’t even want to get married. I just don’t know how to get through this dark cloud hanging over me!

Hello @EmmaLouiise13,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandad that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex