Losing my grandad

Ive just joined the group. I lost my 86yr old grandad on the 23rd July 2019.

Hi. EVERETT. So sorry to hear of your loss. Don’t be afraid to talk on here. We all know understand. The folk on here are kind and considerate so no judgement or criticism. No matter what age grief is grief, and we all cope in different ways.
It will be very much up and down for you at the moment so take things day by day.
If you want to come back and tell us more please do. This is a place where you can unload and talk freely. Take care and Blessings.

1 Like

Losing those we love is the hardest thing we have to deal with. If we didn’t love them so much it wouldn’t be so painful.
The bodies we occupy are just shells, the person inside lives on in those they leave behind. All the time we live they live on in us.
My soulmate and partner of more than 21 years passed away on April 1st. She cared for the sick for more than thirty years as a nurse. I feel her presence and she made me a better person. To honour her memory I try to perform at least one good deed every day. It doesn’t take away the pain but it helps to make me feel better.
Your grandfather lives on in your heart, only his shell has gone. Take it one step at a time, remember the good times, the things he taught you and honour his memory.