Losing my Grandpa

I lost my grandpa just over 3 months ago and it feels like yesterday. He’d been battling with dementia so we all knew the day would come when he wouldn’t be here anymore but I never thought it would actually happen. I know how stupid that sounds because no one lives forever but honestly my grandpa had had so many health scares and he always pulled through. I have so much guilt that I never got to see him one last time before he died due to covid restrictions still being in place. I never got to tell him I love him, or have him squeeze my hand or cuddle and kiss me. This week has been the hardest. I’ve been in such a funk not having the motivation or desire to do anything, spacing out and generally just being gloomy. Life is so hard at the moment and I don’t know what to do. I have so many people around me who care but yet I feel so alone. I know he wouldn’t want me to feel like this but I don’t know what to do. I’ve never lost anyone before and I just want him back.

Hello @HopelessWanderer,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandpa that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex