Losing my great nanny

We lost my great nanny on Friday evening, she was 101 years old! We sadly lost my great grandad last May and I thought I had prepared myself for her loss but it feels like I don’t know what to feel, it keeps going round in my head that I was meant to visit her this week coming and now she’s gone! She was married to my grandad for 82 years together for 83! They both had truly amazing lives, never argued, smiled all the time! But now it almost feels like I don’t know what to do with my grief , I lost my dog in January and I really struggled with her loss as she was so close to me and I feel the same with my Great Nanny and Grandad :((

Hello @Lleyton,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your great-nanny and grandad. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to read our support page on coping with the death of a grandparent.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen