Losing My happily ever after

Hi there the daffodils sounds so wonderful. I did think about buys bunches of flowers and randomly leave them out for people to take and I hope make them smile like on a wall or bench. I left my house today and I drove my car I haven’t done that before. It gets harder as the days move on. He died a month ago today. I want him back. I want a hug and cup of hot chocolate . I have one more week before going back to work. I’m scared I will just cry all day. I work with kids so no where to hide if I cry. I’m say on the dark in the bedroom I’m tired from crying. Hope your ok tomorrow will be tough for some many people. I wish I could hug you all

1 Like

Wish I could hug you too.

The good thing about this forum is you can say things how they are so to speak. I do have good friends who all assume I am coping. Everything is back to ‘normal’.

I think we all could do with each others company and permission to hug each other and not be ashamed or embarrassed to cry in front of others.

So glad I found you all.

Frank

1 Like

I found this group helps me massively, we all understand what each other are going through. I’m so glad I found this group. I don’t feel ashamed to cry infront of anyone because the girl I lost was my whole life, and I have to learn to rebuild that, most people will never understand what we are going through and I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

That is a lovely idea with the flowers, it will brighten up someone’s day and getting fresh air. I do feel for you I can’t face work atm, I’m sure your work will be as helpful as they can.

I’m trying to stick to a routine of my own and I feel it’s very helpful for me, I get and walk the dogs then go for a run. I’m finding the mornings are the hardest for me, so I need to keep my self busy then

Thank you all so much xx

Hi Harry. It took me two years before I could look at my husband’s photo. We had wonderful holidays and he looks so fit and well on the holiday photos, even the one taken 7 months before he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I once logged on to a video by mistake and when I heard his voice it tore me in half. I am looking at photos now and it is not quite so raw. The intensity goes after about 18 months ( for me anyway.) I can talk about him now without crying and I can sometimes last a few hours without thinking of him. I never thought I would get any better but I forced myself to work as a volunteer and I went out whenever I could. I know it will never leave me and I have accepted that. But I still stay in bed until dinner just to make the day shorter. Thinking of you in your deep grief but
I am surviving with an empty heart even after 2 and a half years

1 Like