Losing my husband 2015

My husband was admitted by ambulance 999 call airway is obstruction due to Lymphedema, the paramedics both didn’t give him oxygen and inserted cannula medical treatment which is common sense do to . They even put the word ‘ life threatening in their apology letter ‘ but didn’t do anything to help, comes to the A&E Department at Hospital, also none emergency airway intervention, and now they all kreep under their blankets as if to say not men and women enough to admit murder or negligence.Yes when I say it was murder and writing things like that ‘ it’s true what I’m saying ‘ knowing a patient suffering Lymphedema and pocket wages in ‘ knowing the patient is gasping for air and struggles with air ‘ and rather drinking tea or coffee with some chocolate in their hands ‘ and saying my husband and myself are mentally ill just to get away with it ‘ watching my daughter while she’s going to school hope that my eldest child does domestic violence issues and still insists they are the golden angels.DNAR signed without no consent given neither by my husband nor myself still saying that my husband wanted to die.Writing in the A&E Notes, that my husband didn’t wanted to see me ‘ signs that crap and lying more and more, sending bullies in front my house so I’m keeping my mouth shut, trying to make me perverting the course of justice to do something against my wishes.

Hello No,

I’m so sorry to hear about the death of your husband and everything that went wrong with his medical care. It sounds as though you are feeling very let down and angry on top of your grief.

You have the right to make a complaint about your husband’s care if you feel that you need to get answers or take action against the hospital. Macmillan Cancer Support has some useful information on how you can do this: https://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/treating/treatment-decisions/who-will-be-involved-in-my-treatment-decision/making-a-complaint.html#18837. You can also give Macmillan a ring on 0808 808 0000 for more information and support from their experts.

We also had this conversation on the community where people discussed dealing with loss after medical negligence: https://support.sueryder.org/community/life-after-bereavement/nhs-negligence-and-aftermath. It’s an older conversation, so I’m not sure if the participants are still around on the site, but you still might find it helpful to have a read.

This online community is a safe and supportive place for you to talk about your feelings about what happened. Although people here aren’t experts in medical care or the complaints process, hopefully they can offer emotional support and understanding. Keep posting if you find that it helps.

Priscilla
Community Manager