Losing my husband

I lost my husband on the 24th of November 2019I found him passed away we were together for 16 years I’m finding it very hard coping without him he was my best friend he was only 36 his funeral is on the 9th of January.

1 Like

Oh how awful for you. I am so sorry.
Do you know how he died?
That is incredibly young and tragic. I am on thus site because I am struggling with the sudden loss of my mum aged 74 in june. I also lost my dad to a sudden heart attack when he was 53. Prior to that I had lost my best friend aged 36 to cancer just before my dad died.
Please take things one hour at a time and look after yourself.
Do you have support in the firm of family or friends? Take as much help as you can x

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your husband at such a young age. Your loss is so recent and raw and the advice that we often see shared on this site is to be kind to yourself and take things day by day or hour by hour if needs be.

It’s important to have outlets for your grief, whether that’s talking to friends and family, or writing things down here on the community. You are among people who understand here.

Our users are a very supportive lot, and you should get some replies soon from others with similar experiences. However, I wanted to let you know that we have two other users who joined recently who have also lost their partners in their 30s - their usernames are @Sarahj1 and @LuvB if you wanted to check out their posts and send them a message or reply.