Losing my husband

I lost my hubby two weeks today, I feel heartbroken, lost, lonely, scared for the future, I’m trying to be strong for our 15yr old daughter but I don’t feel strong, I can’t stop crying and can’t imagine my life without him, I miss him so much

1 Like

Hi so sorry for your loss . My hubby died six months ago it is the most horrible feeling . I am just existing . It does help on this site having people to chat to who know how you feel and realising the feelings you are having are normal when you are grieving . Take care x

1 Like

HI Shellyann
so sorry for your loss
your in early days yet and he was too young and so are you for having to be left on your own i am sure you and your daughter will help each other through this but 2 weeks isnt long and your emosions are still high at this stage
cry when ever you need to on here we are all in the same place and if you read the posts of others and post yourself it will help you on here people dont judge we all understand
i lost my husband last november he was 71 and been together for 56 years married for 54
just take one day at a time with baby steps only do what you feel you can do and you and your daughter will both give each other the stregnth to carry on in his memmory
its something we nwver get used to but learn to live with

take care
pat

1 Like

I just miss him so much, he wasn’t expected to die, he’d had heart problems before but was signed off from the hospital, he died at a asda checkout alone, I had the police come to my work to tell me, then I had to break the news to my daughter, can’t believe I’m a widow at 47, I was expecting many more years with ant, I feel so lonely, I can’t bare to sit in the front room, my house doesn’t feel a home anymore, I don’t think I’ll cope without him x

Hi Shellyann,
I’m so sorry for your heartache and pain. My husband died unexpectedly too and like me you may find it very hard to accept.
Taking all of your next steps slowly and without putting any pressure on yourself may be the best way for you for a little while.
The shock of this awful situation you are in will ease but there is no time scale as everyone adjusts at their own pace.
You will be in my thoughts, stay in touch here if you can.
Daisyrose.

Hi Shelleyanne
sorry you have had such a terrible time to have lost your husband in such a tragic way hope the police gave you and your daughter some support at the time
you and your daughter are so young to go through all this hope you have got family and friends that will support you
we all hope for more years and no one can make sense of why this happenes i dont think anyone on here can ever feel the same again being put in this possition of having to cope with a different kind of life now
keep posting on here with how you feel because on here you will get a lot of support from us all as we all understand your pain and hearache you are going through and also read other peoples posts you will find it helps like its helped me and many others on here and also you will never feel that you have no one with all the the support yu will get

try and keep strong both of you and talk to each other as much as you can lots of hugs between you and cry together when you want
do what you feel you want to do

take care
pat

Hi Shelleyann
I’m so sorry for your loss and your daughters loss, do you have support around you, family and friends?
I lost my husband last August, very suddenly, he had covid but was out of isolation and back at work, when he died in the night. He was 48. We have 2 children who were 17 and 14 at the time and I was 48. It has been so hard and I am so lonely, even now I can’t quite comprehend he is not coming back. My children keep me going, and your daughter will for you. It’s small half steps to start. Also maybe see if the school can offer some counselling for your daughter, my so found it helpful to have someone outside the family to talk to. I am have counselling from work, it might be something to look into for you, when you are ready.
Take care xx