Losing my husband

Ah bless you .i went out for a bit today with a friend .just walking around the shops .looking at things that remind me of what i used to buy kev .holding in the tears .i feel quilty still being here .but he wouldnt want that .ive cried so hard at times .wondering why my amazing husband was taken so young . Its so not fair .my family want me to go and stay with them for a bit .but i feel i dont know if i can without him .sending you hugs x

1 Like

Franky56,I know what u mean, i was crying in a shop the other day because i didn’t know what kind of paint to buy to paint my decking(trying to keep busy)I feel the same though, he wouldn’t want me like this,but it’s hard.Maybe try a weekend with your family and if it’s too much you can always go home.You’ll know if and wen the time is right❤

@Murf although I go out to meet family, shop, walk etc the tears are always just below the surface. Quite often I can’t hold them back and walk or drive with tears streaming down my face. I know my husband would want me to find enjoyment in life again so I go through the motions hoping one day I might actually enjoy them.

1 Like

Dear murf i too have just lost my husband of 49yrs gordon he died suddenly on the 30th of may he managed to stay with me for 54days after undergoing a heart bypass he was 72 iam 66 my world has ended the day he went and i long for the day i can be with him please know that you are loved within this forum and can be free to vent your feelings sending love and hugs to you :broken_heart: x

1 Like

Thank you Joy72,it is so hard to get through the day without crying, today is another hard day,I know you will be going through the same thing ,unfortunately all on here are,but it does help to have others here.My husband has been gone for nearly 6 weeks and it seems to be getting harder every day. People keep telling me it’ll get easier but it certainly doesn’t feel like it.I hope we will all eventually learn how to cope with the grief .:heart:

1 Like

Hi Murf, I do understand exactly how you feel as my husband died in November suddenly after collapsing in the street with a heart attack. We had been together 30 years. It is so hard because you keep thinking they are going to walk into the room. I do sympathise with you and my heart goes out to you….it hurts. Sometimes the silence is the worst thing. I think what helped me the most is faith, faith in God and faith that you will see them again. Keeping up with family and friends is important too. Going to a group of people and talking with them, I discovered they were all widows - some lost their husbands a few years ago. Keeping memories in a book and keeping photos out is comforting. I do hope you will take comfort in the group.

4 Likes

Beautifully put jackie 31 i take great comfort in god as you said and knowing are loved ones are waiting for us bless you

2 Likes