Losing my husband

Hi Yvonne
I hope you got some sleep last night and today was a better day for you .
I had to go through a drawer in our room and found birthday card that George had sent me so tears and more tears it’s my birthday on the 14th of this month and George always send me a beautiful card and he wrote lovely words in side the one card I want this year will never come sorry to end this on such a low note .
Take care thinking of everyone on this journey .
Lily

Hi Lily

Getting to sleep was hard last night. Had a better day today as I was distracted by friends who called round and chatted for a couple of hours. Have you made any plans for your Birthday? It will be a difficult day but better if you have something planned. Mine passed in a blur of tears as I stood in the Cemetary with my two sons deciding on a double plot for their dad and me.
I always made a fuss of Birthdays and Geoff always made an effort for me.

Flowers always cheer me up. Every week I buy a bunch of flowers and put them on the kitchen windowsill. When I water them or stand there doing the washing up I think of Geoff. Sometimes I buy yellow for rememberance, sometimes pink for love - a small thing but it brings me comfort. So make sure you buy yourself some flowers for your Birthday and know as you look at them that the love that you and George shared will never die.

Sending you a big hug.

Yvonne X

Hi Yvonne
I’m glad you had a better day and hope you get some sleep just like you I always made a fuss of George on his birthday and he always managed to surprise me on mine and after 30 years he did well .
I will get flowers and just think of George thank you for that .
I have appointment with my work tomorrow to see what they can do to help with my shifts George drove I don’t so Sundays are a big problem because were I live there is no public transport on a Sunday .
I could really do without it I know I’m just going to be in floods of tears .
I was so angry today I was screaming at George’s photo and asking why he left me because he promised me all ways that he would never leave me I know it sound crazy god I’m sorry I’m just going on and on sorry Yvonne.
Big hugs to you and everyone on the forum .
Lily