Losing my mom

Hey guys. I lost my mom nearly 4 years ago now, and i still feel the same as i did the day she died, she was only 49 and i feel like ive been robbed of her. I have started therapy awaiting my first session. i just never know what to do with myself. hobbies dont help, music hits home to hard i relate to every piece of music now and i just dont enjoy it anymore. there is alot of things i have good in my life but also so much grief thats sometimes really is just to much to bare.

1 Like

Hello @JBrown ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your mum that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

You may also find this Sue Ryder article of use, take a read when you feel ready. Losing a parent - coping with the death of a parent | Sue Ryder

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hiya my lovly, so sorry about your mum, my mum die suddenly last year age 61 i all so feel robbed :cry: she was my best friend i feel lots. Cant imagine getting to 4 year . If it was not for my children dont know where i would be now… xx

Hey @Taz1, so sorry your having to go through this, its so hard i just dont see how people continue day to day life. i know i struggle everyday.
just wish i could feel happy again you know xx

1 Like

I know how u feel, just want to feel normal again u know… where everything was just normal and i was living life with out my head feeling so full. I still dont know how im meant to life my life with out my mum being here. Just want to wake up from this nightmare :weary: :sleepy:

2 Likes

I completely understand. My mum was in hospital and we were told she was getting better and would be discharged soon. I’m beating myself up now as I didn’t get a chance to tell her how much I loved her. That’s why I need counselling now and it’s only been 9 days since I lost her. Thinking of you.