Losing my mother

Hi All , i lost my mother on the 6th feb 2023, my dad is living with me he is 81 because he can’t cope being in the house on his own. They was married for 63 years, like everyone else the grief and no sleep and wanting to be sick.

My sister and my brother and dad is going to the chapel of rest to see my mother, i can’t do it i did pick her clothes to wear. I said my goodbyes in the hospital i hope i don’t regret it in time. But i want to remember her when she was well xxxx

2 Likes

Hi ALI15, my mother passed away on January 24th 2009. They had been married for 68 years. My dad went to live with my sister and eventually passed away in 2018. The one thing I cling to is that I was there to hold their hands at the end. I still miss them both but have great memories of when they were well, it helps a lot. Take care x

Hi johnch ,thankyou for your lovely message yes that does help so raw and im worrying about the funeral will i have the strength on that day xxx

I really didn’t want to go to either of their funerals but in the end I did and I’m glad I did. I was just numb throughout but bear with it, I think it will help you, it did for me x

Yes you are right it may help in the long run. And I’ve got to be strong for my dad as well xx