Losing my Mum and Dad

Hello everyone
So sad to read everyone’s story on here.
I lost my Mum 31st Aug 2023 and 5 days later my Dad on 5th Sept. I’m finding it so hard to deal with never seeing either of them again.
I do find comfort in knowing that neither of them had to live without the other,when my Mum passed, Dad was in hospital and I was going to tell him when he was better…. That never happened :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:xx

4 Likes

Hello @Lacey2010,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your parents. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

Hello Lacey

I’m the same. I lost mum and dad 5 days apart December 2021. I’d also lost my brother in 2018. I still struggle big time now especially with the loss of mum. If I can be of any help or support please feel free to message me.