3 weeks ago my Dad passed away unexpectedly. I found him in bed. We still don’t know the cause of death. It is still a shock as he was as fit as a fiddle, the healthiest person I know. 8 years ago my Mum passed away from a lung cancer. 6 weeks from diagnosis to her passing. Obviously my Mum dying was so heartbreaking but this feels even worse, if thats at all possible. My Dad was my rock, we looked after each other and were so so close. Like 2 peas in a pod. Now i just feel lost and lonely. Ive got my husband and other family for love and support but its not the same. I just dont know how im going to manage. I just hope one day i can be happy again.
So sorry @Cyp to read of your loss. It’s very recent and was obviously a huge shock so give yourself time to process it all. Grief is so hard on us so make sure you take care of yourself. One day at a time… sending best wishes xx
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mum and recently your dad. The Community here is of great support as we all understand the pain of losing our loved ones.
You can connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself by using the search bar above by typing the words Loss of a Parent.
There are a few resources by Sue Ryder that may be of help and support to you at this time.
- The self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief Grief Guide
- Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This service is also useful for family and friends
- Information on the Stages of Grief
- Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through
- There is also a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help and support to you.
There is also a very useful site called AtALoss which lists local bereavement support in your area, if you would like to meet others face-to-face. If you go to the AtALoss website and select your location, you can see what may be available in your area.
Please continue to reach out and keep talking here. You are not alone, we are all here for you.