Losing my Mum

I lost my mum to Covid last year, but it feels like it was only this morning. I’m totally devastated. I have no interest or motivation to do anything or go on. Everything in my world has changed. I’m totally lost. I feel so incredibly lonely & unloved.

I feel that people don’t understand and some people make the most insensitive comments, such as “it was God’s will”. Everyone else’s lives seem to carry on.

I’ve never experienced anything like this before. My mum was the most important person in my life. I have been engaging in counselling but im still totally consumed by loss & darkness. I want to try to move forward as I know that’s what my mum would want, but I just can’t x

3 Likes

I’m really sorry to read about your mum. As you say, it has changed your world and you feel totally lost. It is such profound pain and heartache, and it can be so hard to imagine being able to move on. There are no rules for how we each grieve, or for how long - one step at a time is the only way I have found to manage, not looking too far into the future and accepting how I feel. I find it does change - sometimes I feel as though I am doing just about ok, and then other times it overwhelms me again and I want to hide away and cry my heart out. And it doesn’t follow any pattern - there is no predicting how I might feel so I take each day as it is.

I hope you find support on here - there are many people who are struggling and who understand what you are going through.

Take care

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ve received more comfort & support from strangers, than family. Thank you.

Each day is different….

1 Like

I found the same - my family struggle to talk about mum. I have 3 siblings, and it has been so hard not to share memories of her and support each other. This is a great place for finding that support and knowing you are not alone.

1 Like