Losing my mum

My mum 81 broke her hip 14 wks ago i had to put my dad 82 in hospital as he has last stages of dementia and i couldnt be there 24 hrs a day , when mum came home she kept on about having dad home but there was no way she could cope with him home i wrk mornings and afternoons i have been going over to help mum , then traveling 12 miles each way to see dad in hospital . Then 4 wks ago mum has a massive stroke they flew her from barnstaple to derriford, for the operation but mum has a catastrophic bleed they kept mum alive until i got down there to say goodbye . I have an 11 yrs old we are heart broken , i dnt feel i have had anytime to grieve for my mum , my dad then caught covid and it was touch and go for 48 hrs he has pulled through , but with organising the funeral , seeing dad , then the hospital were on my back about moving my dad into a home that was horrible the day after my mums funeral , now they have a different one but its 54 miles away from us im in such a state i normally see my dad every day now i will only see him once a wk

Hello @Mich1,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum and your dad as well. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.
Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex