Losing my mum

Hi I’m new to all this , I lost my mum 2 years ago and I’ve been struggling ever since and can’t see a way forward

1 Like

Hello John, I’m so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it can be losing a loved one, a mum, who loved you unconditionally. It’s so difficult to accept she will never console and support you like she did all your life, ever again. Our mums are irreplaceable and accepting the emptiness left by their departure is not easy, even with the passage of time. I hope you can find some peace knowing you’re not alone.

Hello. I haven’t much to offer other than a ‘Me too’. My mum died almost two years ago and I miss her so badly. As for a way forward - maybe by being here we’re doing the right thing in searching for that. Maybe grief does eventually lessen if we share with each other and get support where it’s available. Maybe life encompasses the massive loss at some point so that things seem more positive and hopeful. I don’t have any answers because it’s pretty awful, but please know that you’re not alone. Sending best wishes to you.

2 Likes

Thank u for the replies yeah it is really hard , I know I just got to get on and remember all the happy memories and I do , just everything I did or the places I went to I used to always tell mum about and it’s hard doing the fun things without telling her what I’ve done and achieved

Hi @Johnc3

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It sounds as though things are a struggle at the moment and you are feeling quite lost.

I’m sure more community members will be along to offer their support, but in the meantime, I wanted to share these links with you to help you with your grief.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Our Grief Guide includes an online journal which you may find helpful to write down your thoughts and how you’re feeling.

Take care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community