Losing my mum

I lost my mum mid march to COPD (emphysema) and lung cancer (she also had alot of other underlying health conditions too). She was only 58 years old. I knew the inevitable was going to happen (was told itd likely be an infection) it still happened unexpectedly. I didnt get there in time…
The last time i saw her was a few days before and she seemed fine even the pallative nurses said the same…i didnt get the chance to be by her side, when she passed away.
Ive been grieveing alot ever since she was diagnosed, but now i havent really grieved at all…its not like im numb, but have no emotion no tears really nothing. I feel guilty for this because i love her so much she was literally everything to me all rolled into one. (We were very close)
I dont really even know how im still carrying on, usually when im like this id call or go see her…but now i dont know who to talk to…
The only time i feel okay is when im sleeping…

I dont really know the point in this post…

Hello @CLP93
I’m so sorry you lost your beloved mum
You have reached out to this community so I reckon you need to share your feelings and not feel so alone There are many many people on here who can write better than I can and will be able to help you with their wise words Please come back on Take care of yourself xx

1 Like

Hello. I lost my mum a few days ago and have never felt pain like this. There are lots of support groups to reach out to and keep using this forum. You can post on here as many times as you want to. I have found it helpful to hear from others on here, even if it doesn’t lessen my pain. Keep reaching out if you need to share your feelings. Thinking of you and sending hugs. Xx

1 Like

@scg63 thankyou for replying and sorry for your loss :broken_heart:
I dont think the pain will ever go away, but somehow will adapt with this new life without them…very hard when they were your whole life and everything was centered around them. Whenever things were falling apart id go to my mum and now when i need her most she isnt there anymore…thankyou for your kind words xx

@Bluebell1 thanks for your reply, its just hard when i dont usually open up to anyone how ive felt and been dealing with mum being unwell and passing away etc…
Thankyou for your kind words xx