Losing my mum

Hi im new to this but feel as though it will help me. I lost my mum in January 2024 to a tumour. Im totally devasted as we were really close. Im struggling to come to terms with it.

2 Likes

Hello @JeanetteR,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum - the feelings and struggles you have shared are completely understandable.

Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through. I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support but I also wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might help.

I really hope you find the community helpful and supportive and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing your feelings with us – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Megan

Hi @JeanetteR
I’ve just lost my Mum (2 weeks ago) and we were so close too. I’ve seriously been struggling so much since she passed away and although I have a great set of friends and an amazing Uncle, Brother and Cousin I still want and need my Mum.
It was her funeral today and as heartbreaking it’s been I somehow feel peaceful. I know that some people don’t believe that their loved ones are still around us, but I’m sure that she is, somewhere.
If you ever need to talk then you can always message me on here. I will be thankful for someone to talk to about Mum too.
Thinking of you, Shell xx

please give yourself some compassion. it has not been long at all. there is no way you should or shouldn’t be feeling. you’re allowed to take your time to heal, rely on loved ones and take some time to yourself too. there is no set timeline for grief. if you enjoy reading I cannot recommend ‘youre not alone’ enough, it is an excellent book on grief and helps you understand how many others are in our club and know that what you’re going through it very hard. please be gentle to yourself <3

Hi Shell

Thank you for messaging me. Means a lot. Im so sorry to hear about your mum too. Its feels like a big hole in your heart. Like you im struggling to come to terms with it. Like you im here for you if you ever need to talk. Love Jeanette xx

Hi sorry to hear of your loss
I lost my mum over 7 years ago and like you I am struggling to come to terms with it all
You never really come to terms with losing your mum you just find a way to cope. It all takes time. Grief has no destination it is a journey and it is a horrible one.
Be kind to yourself take time for you. Your mum would want you to live life to the fullest. I’m fine one giving advise because I don’t follow my own advise

1 Like

Hello jeanette

I just wanted to send you some love , I lost my mum 4 weeks ago today. Grief is a rollercoaster of emotions. I have been using the forum for the last few weeks and it has really helped me just being able to speak to others who truly understand the pain and feelings I have. Please be gentle on you and allow yourself time to process everything. Im always around if you would like to chat more

For everyone else on this thread, I send love to you all my inbox is open to you all if you would like to chat. Hugs to all x