Losing my partner

I lost my wife to cancer in June 20 and like the rest of you it’s been hell to say the least. About 3 months ago I meet a lady in the same boat as me she had lost her partner Christmas 20. We get on great together but my problem is my 3 sons they simply don’t like her even although they have never been in the same room as her. I have been told it’s her or I lose my 7 grandkids and my hole family simple as that. As if losing my wife of 45 years wasn’t bad enough then this happens. I really like her and it’s the lonely ness that gets to me but I don’t know what is going to happen. Is anyone else had problems like this and what’s the solution please. Bob

Dear Bobby,
Sorry for your loss. I think its lovely that you have met someone who really understands what you have been through.
I’m sad that your boys are not being supportive, as you say it’s bad enough losing your wife, I know that when my Dad died I used to think it would be lovely for Mum to have someone to keep her company although she never did.
I lost my soulmate very suddenly and unexpectedly in November 2021 and he and I had discussed what we would do if either of us died, we both agreed that we would want whoever was left to try to find love again.
I’m now in that position, I can’t imagine ever being happy again but I do feel I should at least try.
I’m 61 now, I know I’ll never find the same happiness and contentment we had but hate the thoughts of living the rest of my life feeling so sad and lonely.
I really hope your boys will come to their senses and see that you deserve another chance at happiness.
Very best of luck to you.
Muldool

2 Likes

Dear Muldool, thanks for replying and I am sorry for your loss. Yes it’s sad that they have condemned her without even meeting her, they seem to think she is a gold digger but I have signed my house over to the three sons and yes I have some money in the bank but that’s all I have. I have pleaded with them but to no avail, god knows what there mother would be saying now???. All I can do is plod along and hope they have a change of heart. I never dreamed I would meet someone that would love me but I have and I am going to hold onto her. I hope you find someone and have some happiness. Bobby

1 Like

Good for you Bobby!
I lost my soulmate very suddenly, in the beginning you get a lot of support but eventually those around you go back to their normal life.
For us life will never be the same again and you realise life is short, if you get another shot at happiness you should go for it.
I know Pete would want me to be happy and if I get the chance again I will certainly take it. You only get one life.
Good luck to both of you.
Muldool

1 Like

Muldool, thanks for the comment and I hope that you find someone to be part of your life. I never went looking she just turned up and we clicked and it’s been great so far. I hope for you that you do find someone, it’s a long time when the lonely ness kicks in. Good luck Bob

1 Like

I think it’s a bit selfish of your family, denying you the chance of a bit of happiness in your hour of need.
They don’t understand the grieving process as you do as it is not that close to them. I understand that they want to revere the memory of their mum. But you were also in that relationship probably for many years. You will never walk away from the memory of your wife. It will stay with you forever. The mementos in your house, your own personal memories. The recall of the family festivities etc.
I wish you all the best in the world. Eddie.

2 Likes