Losing my partner

I lost my partner 04/12/22 56yrs old suddenly of what I’ve now found out heart attack. We had our future planned our new home and our life going forward. I’m lost scared lonely and want him back, I can’t except his gone as we completed each other soul mates everything .

7 Likes

Hello @Sonia2017,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your partner. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi, im so sorry for your loss.
My husband died very suddenly in August. He was 59. Like you i thought we had a this time and in a second it was gone. Its so surreal isnt it? There is nothing i can say to make it better other than to say you are not alone. Please reach out to people here
Xxx

2 Likes

@Sonia2017
I posted a link to a video last night under the topic ‘sudden death’ which helped me sense of some things. It might be too soon for you i dont know but bear it in mind when you feel ready xx

So sorry @Sonia2017 that you have also joined our community. I also lost my husband suddenly when he was seemingly fit and well and only 60.

The shock makes it so hard to believe to begin with. In fact I’m not sure I really believe it now, 8 months later.
Be gentle on yourself and do whatever feels right. I know there are formalities which have to be dealt with but try to rest when you can as you will be very tired I’m sure.

This community at least understands, which I certainly didn’t until losing my husband as I had not realised how totally devastating the loss was compared to what I thought losing my beloved Dad had been many years ago.

Sending love xxx