losing my sister

for some reason today i cannot get my sister out of my mind, she died April 2022, we had not spoken for a couple of years prior to this apart form a small conversation through a nurse on a ward we were both on in hospital, me with COVID and her with Pneumonia, once she became really unwell, I went to see her in hospital and got the shock of my life as she was wired up to everything and not even awake most of the time, I am happy we made our peace together, but within a few days she was gone.
I have tried to get the guilt feeling to go away but just cannot get it out of my head, I am sad beyond belief, I am angry for not being the big sister i am supposed to be and scared of how things ended for her.

Hello @Ellie2904, I’m so sorry for the loss of your sister. Many of our members have experienced the loss of their brother or sister and will understand some of what you are going through.

Losing a sibling can be incredibly painful and hard to accept. It can also bring up difficult feelings if your relationship was more complicated. I wanted to share our support page on coping with the death of a sibling with you. You may find it helpful or comforting to read.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

Hopefully someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone.

Take care :blue_heart: