Losing my son unexpectedly

My son was 29 when he left us. He died at home unexpectedly and it was me that found him. He had been slightly unwell, but we never expected this. There is more to it, but I can’t go into it as he was failed medically.
I’m just finding it sooo hard.

Hello @Natty33 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your son that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share some sources of support that might help you right now.

Thank you for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

Hello @Natty33
Sorry you find yourself here but hopefully you’ll find some comfort ( I have)
I too lost my son suddenly, he was brutally murdered and it’s a rocky road for me . So many on here lost their sons/ daughters in tragic circumstances but the support is amazing and it’s the only place I feel I can safely talk and reach out , I try not to talk to my friends and family as they’re hurting too and I feel selfish if I bring them down . So I come here , I vent and I talk , it all helps , it’s only 6 months for me and most of it has been a blur . I keep a journal too and write down my every thought and feeling good or bad , it seems to help me . Xx

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this and thanks for your message.

Cherish 777
I feel the same it is the only place I can talk

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s almost 3 years since I lost my 28 year old son to a drug overdose. This place has helped me so much, everyone truly understands our grief and that has given me so much comfort as months turn into years xx

1 Like