Losing my son

Hi my name’s Diane am new here.
I lost my middle child last year. Aged 31 to a massive stroke.
He was a mummy’s boy constantly face timing me up to 25x a day. He was my best friend. Am really struggling. I have couselling with 2 different counsellors an feel it ain’t doing anything. Was hoping I could see if there is a group out there that meet ppl that have lost a child also.

Hello @DianeS68, thank you for reaching out. I am so sorry for the loss of your son.

You’ve mentioned that you would like to connect with groups of people who have also lost a child. You might wish to contact The Compassionate Friends.
They support families who have lost a child of any age and have both online and in-person support groups. You can call them on 0345 123 2304.

I hope you find the community to be a support to you, too. You are not alone,
Seaneen

Thank you!

Hi Diane - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my daughter about 14 months ago. I contacted Compassionate Friends and they have been wonderful. Through them I have met others in the same position and the support has been a life line and still is. It felt like they scooped me up and held my hand and they really do understand. Nothing can make everything ok cos that’s just not possible but they really do give solid and long term support and they have all lost children themselves. Sending you kind wishes. Xxxx

1 Like

Thank you for taken the time to message me.
I will have a look for that group. Am so sorry to you on the loss of your beautiful daughter.
Regards Diane.

Hi Diane, I don’t have any words of comfort as I only lost my daugher 9 weeks but I spend my days crying :cry: sending you a :hugs:

1 Like

Am so sorry for your loss :broken_heart:
It’s a tough journey the grief one :sob: it’s not supposed to be like that.
Sending you the biggest hug, from 1 grieving mum to another.
Am always here if you wanna chat. X