Losing my son

I lost my beautiful son sep 2022 he went to bed never woke up I’m totally lost can’t seem to navigate my way forward exhausted trying to keep a lid on things I go to work come home and hide I don’t know myself anymore I have a lovely daughter and 3 grandkids who I adore my husband who is trying to navigate his own grief I miss him so much it makes me physically sick my health has took a battering as well brain fog constantly can’t remember what I did 2 mins ago miss his voice his presence in our home nothing has any meaning anymore

1 Like

Dear @Fran5

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. There are no words to describe the pain of losing a child of any age. Grief is a horrible rollercoaster ride of emotions, it is a journey and not a race. Everyone’s journey is different, so please be gentle with yourself.

Many of our members have experienced the devastating loss of a child and will understand some of what you are going through. You can connect with them by using the search bar above. You may want to reach out to the following organisations below for help and support.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child up to the age of 25. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.
  • The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with your grief.

It takes courage and strength to reach out and we the Community are all here for you. We understand the pain of losing a loved one, please keep reaching out at any time. You are not alone.

Take care.

Peppers xx

Thank you for the reply I know it’s not a race don’t no what you mean by that I have to live and breathe it every second of every day the total devestation of reliving the last time I spoke to him the last time I said good night I love you son just don’t no why you would say that will not matter how many weeks months years go past I’ll always remember

Dear @Fran5

I must apologise if my comment has upset you, that was never my intention.

What I was saying is that grief is hard and you do relive the moments all the time as you never ever forget, it is ok to do that. What I was trying to say was that everyone’s grief journey is different and for some it can be months or even years which is ok. There is no time limit on grief.

Again I apologise if you found my words upsetting. Take care.

Peppers xx