Losing my two boys

How do you get through the day knowing your little brother isn’t going to moan at you about being you and your dad isn’t going to ring and say well done or moan that donny rovers have lost again how does everything you do always remind you of them, when does the whole it’s real thing happen! It’s only been five months and a weeks I can’t handle this anymore.

3 Likes

Hi @sportyuk1,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your brother and dad. Losing two such important people within six months must be so incredibly heartbreaking.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. Most of our members have experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you’re going through.

Things sound extremely hard right now, and I want you to know that there are organisations who are there for you 24/7 anytime you need to talk.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Seaneen

Thank you so much for your reply, I haven’t felt this feeing ever, my brain can’t function and all I can feel is a sense of loss and something missing, I had spoken to my doctors about when my brother passed but still waiting. I’m trying so hard to be me.

1 Like