Losing my Wife.

I’m bringing my June home tomorrow, 10 weeks after she was taken to hospital. I’ve been thinking about it all day, is it too soon? Am I rady? But it’s June I’m bringing home to where she belongs. As she wants to be scattered with her parents, eventually, i’ve chosen a scatter-conatiner for her.

You’re right about the pain of them not being here with us. I think she has been back a few times to check on me, but it’s not the same. The pain is a physical thing that just washes over me, sometimes for a minute, other times for a lot longer.
I’m not an emotional person, but I have never cried so much in my life, and i’m not embarrassed to admit it, or let tears flow when people are here. They understand, and if they don’t or feel uncomfortable, that’s their problem.

Anyway, June is coming home tomorrow so the house will be clean and fresh for her, hope I do a good jub.

Take care all

1 Like

I wanted to bring Tanya home & when my time comes I have told my Daughter to do what she wants with us as long as we are together.
I am so sorry it has taken so long to have your partner back with you.
I would love Tanya to come back to me to to tell me where or if I am doing things right.
I try to keep my self busy but my Daughter goes back to school soon that is when it is going to be hard & lonely so I think many more tears will be shed.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with tears Geoff. I would never cry before, now, well, if others are uncomfortable with tears, that’s their problem not mine.

1 Like

I contacted the Doc today & got my self signed of for 1 more month which will be about the same time Amy my Daughter goes back to school and that will be hard emotionally & will be lonely.
I am sure I get more time sighed of if needed bit I will use this month to look for work. & see if I am up to working even though Amy says go & get a job Dad I don’t want her to have to walk home on a dark & wet afternoon I want to be there for her.
Today has been a bad day emotionally as I just sat down looking at a photo of my wife Tanya & just broke down & asking her if I am doing a good enough job bringing up Amy.
I miss Tanya so much I am finding thing really tough.

You are and always will do the best for your daughter reading your posts your dear wife would know this. Sometimes it’s hard to grieve we don’t want to upset our children mine are older 26 and 24 but I have my 2 year old granddaughter most days as I’ve not returned to work yet. Really keeps me going. Hoping your daughter is ok or ok as can be

1 Like

Been feeling really down again this week.
My wife’s Tanya her mum has been horrible to Tanya all of her life she even stood outside when we had Tanya’s funeral & I said then that I would not have any thing to do with her again I walked up to her at probably the worst time of my life just to say I hope I done Tanya proud with the songs & order of service & she said no I would have done things different.
She does not like me & I don’t like her.
So my Daughter Amy who is 13 wants a relationship with her but the mother in law is so manipulative I worry she is going to take advantage of Amy to get at me that is the sort of person she is.
So I am not sure what to do maybe she can see her but on my terms.
I would really like any advice what to do.
Thank you all for all the advice & suggestions you have all gave me so far.:broken_heart::cry:x

1 Like

Hi Geoffs, this is a very difficult situation for you. I had a similar situation and it is very hard to deal with. Your daughter is at a difficult age and knows her own mind. Any obstacle you put in her way will count against you. To keep your daughter on your side it may be necessary to let her develop a relationship with her grandmother if that’s what she wants. Your mother in law may well be manipulative but the love between father and daughter will overcome adversity.
This is a difficult situation in normal circumstances but your judgement is severely clouded because you’re grieving for Tanya and this could lead to wrong decisions.
I wish you all the best in resolving this to your advantage.

1 Like

Thank you very much I really appreciate it. X

1 Like

Dear Geoffs
Thinking of you. sending you and your daughter a virtual hug.
Meebee

1 Like