Losing parents and brother

Summary

This text will be hidden

Hi

This is the first time I have posted, struggling with l everyday life. I lost my brother 2019, mother 2021, and my father March this year.

Brother had cardiac arrest, mum had Alzheimer’s and so did my father had mixed dementia, both parents diagnosed with cancer shortly before dying. With both of them when passed away and have PTSD from that experience even though glad I was with them. I worked full time and carer for parents and since my father passed away in March feel lost. Currently not at work due to my mental health, often cry and feel my heart is breaking. Missed them so much it hurts. I don’t know how to go back to work and they are encouraging me to get back, however feels pointless.

Sorry rambling just feel so alone and lost at times

Hi @Ruby123,

I’m so sorry for your losses - that is so much for one person to cope with and it’s completely understandable that you’re struggling right now.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here.

Are you getting any support with your mental health? If not, it might be a good idea to make an appointment with your GP and tell them that you are struggling to function and are experiencing PTSD.

If you think bereavement counselling might be helpful, Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

Hopefully someone will be along to share their thoughts, but I just wanted to share these resources with you, too.

Take care,
Seaneen