Losing siblings

Dear all

I have had to join this community as I’m so adrift in my loss. I have lost both of my sisters and the pain and loss is severe. My elder sister committed suicide and my younger sister died suddenly in February, she was 43 and my best friend. I’m so lonely and so lost without any sisters now. I only had two and they both gone they are together I know that but I’m here left alone and it’s a dark hard place. Is there anyone who has any way of getting through this. Grief for me is currently a terrible thing that has destroyed my soul and my interest in anything. I have to be strong for the children left behind and my parents but this is turning out to be such a tremendous ask of me that I need help to conquer it although I truly doubt I can

Hello @Trayk22 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling so adrift. I’m so sorry to hear about your sisters this is devastating for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also find this Sue Ryder article of use: Losing a sibling, take a read when you feel ready.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.
Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex