Losing someone close to me

I’m finding this so hard over Christmas I lost my husband 3rd September 2020 my dad was living with me so I really don’t think I had time to come to terms with his loss now my dad has died 22nd July 2021 now it’s just me and my dogs it’s heartbreaking x

Hello Mandy, Christmas is very hard and you are right about not being able to grieve at the right time and then it hits harder. You sound as though you have had a horrible time so please take time for yourself. Your dogs will help you through this and they are always there for you. I hope the new year brings happiness to you. Look after yourself. S xx

1 Like

Hi @Mandy3,

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband and your dad. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

However I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through, especially at this time of year when many will be feeling similar to how you currently are feeling.

We may have mentioned this before but Sue Ryder also offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. If you feel some one-to-one support may be useful, you can find more information about the service here: sueryder.org/counselling

You may also find it helpful to read more information on our website: https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/bereavement-information/support-for-yourself

Take care and keep reaching out - this community is here for you whenever you need it,

Kate

So very sorry it’s so hard lost my husband 11th nov 2020 and was my mums memory 22nd December but try to care of yourself lv annie x