Losing two important people in my life

I’m so overwhelmed with grief and I feel so alone. I lost my beloved husband who was 54 years old last March 2023 to a horrible illness, I thought he would be there for me to look after me. We did everything together and had the same interests, life is so hard without my husband. My mum was my rock, my best friend who looked after me when my husband passed away and promised that she would always be there for me but on New Year’s Day 2024, mum unexpectedly passed away while I was away and my brother found mum. A few weeks later we discovered that mum had suffered a massive stroke and nobody would of been able to save her.

I’m broken hearted :broken_heart: in 10 months I lost the two important people in my life and I also lost my dad in 2018. I feel so lonely, losing mum has hit me so hard. I haven’t got a safe place to go to anymore and I’m struggling, also I had to adopt my mum’s dog which is a comfort to me but It is hard for me to adjust and for the dog too because of living in a different environment and home while she is looking for mum.

1 Like

Hello @Elizajane ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling overwhelmed. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband, mum and dad, losing them so close together is devastating for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

I know how you feel, I lost my daughter suddenly in 2003 age 22, 3months after my dad . My mum to cancer 2008 and then suddenly my husband in June 2022, massive heart attack whilst we were on holiday.
There is now only me and my severe autistic son left in my family and it is so lonely. But he keeps me going and the promise l made my husband but it’s bloody hard at times. Hope you find some peace xx

1 Like