Loss of a forum member

Thank you for letting us know. Certainly light a candle and get the bubbles blowing for a inspirational lady that helped many on this forum. Words of wisdom to us all. Jean will be sadly missed. I will miss our long chats and emails. Rest in peace lovely lady with your husband Mike. X

Thankyou so much James for letting us know and I will be lighting the candle and blowing bubbles for my dear friend who I am missing everyday.
My thoughts are with you and her family who she loved dearly.
Blessings
Pat
xxx

1 Like

Dear all, Iā€™m Debbie, Jeanā€™s daughter. I wanted to log on to the site to read all the lovely messages you posted. Thank you @Pattidot for starting the thread to let the members know that she had passed.

Most of you knew that my Mum was bereft when Mike died. On top of losing the love of her life, the country went into lockdown and she had to cope with a life that she couldnā€™t possibly have foreseen. They were so happy together and didnā€™t need anyone else. The forum provided support for her and in turn, a purpose in life. We used to talk on the telephone for hours at a time and Iā€™m pleased we were able to do that. She spoke fondly of her new forum friends. My mum was a very young 81 and I thought we had many more years of chatting so losing her so suddenly was a big shock.

I will take comfort knowing that when I light my candle tomorrow morning, that some of you will be doing the same.

Much love to you all.

Debbie Xx

2 Likes

Thank you for the lovely words Noel. Iā€™m so sorry that you lost your special friend. She valued your friendship greatly. You are right, none of us know when we will have our last conversation with someone.

Much love

Debbie Xx

Dear DebbieM2,
Thank you for posting. I am sure the love that so many of us felt for your Nan will be a comfort to you. As others have said, she was a lovely lady and will be sadly missed on this site.
I lost my Nan when I was 14 (in 1960!) and even after all these years I still think of her a great deal. She was rather like your Nan, I think, always had a kind and comforting word, and she would help however she could. Of course, we had no internet in those days but she was very much loved in her village.
You will never forget Jean. Neither will we.
Hugs,
Ann x

Thank you for the information James. I am so sorry for your loss (and ours!)
I have written to Debbie, and I should have addressed it to you too. Jean was a dear lady and will be missed.
Hugs,
Ann x

Thank you Ann. Jean was Jamesā€™s Nan and my Mum. X

Oh Debbie, I do apologise! I read it wrong, but I have no idea how, as the message couldnā€™t have been clearer. Old age strikes again! Hope you arenā€™t offended as the sentiment is the same. I bet she was an amazing Mum and I can imagine how bereft you must be.
Apologies again,
Ann x

Iā€™m not offended at all Ann. Thank you for your kind words. Xx

Thanks for understanding.
Hugs xx

3 Likes

1 Like

For you Jean I will miss our chats and emails. Rest in peace with Mike. Iā€™ve sent bubbles up to you x so so sorry for your loss. Inspirational lady to us all even in her grief

1 Like

For Nan, may your journey be one of peace, kindness, and safety as youā€™re reunited with your soulmate. Xxx

2 Likes

You will remain in our hearts always . May you find the peace and contentment you so deserve dear Jean . You gave us love understanding and hope . A gift beyond price ā€¦ Noel x

2 Likes

Hello Debbie
Thankyou for coming onto the forum and speaking abour your Mum and our dear friend Jean. She mentioned you often and I feel as if I know you. She was very proud of you and the life you have made for yourself.

It was such a shock for everyone to lose her so suddenly and my thoughts are with you, her family.
She took great care of her health and was very knowledgeable about the subject and this made it seem even more unfair that we have lost her.
I have lit candles and blown the bubbles along with a few tears.

Pat
xx

1 Like

Thank you for telling me that Pat. No matter how old we are, we always want to know that our parents are proud of us.

When Mum lost Mike I thought she would fall apart. I often told her how proud I was that she was coping so well. I know that behind the brave face, she was suffering more than she let on. Life without Mike was no life for her so although we are all left in shock and grieving for her, sheā€™s at peace now. Xx

Hi Debbie
Your so right she was struggling behind the brave face. This is why we bonded as we could share our pain with each other where we wouldnā€™t let on to other people or even family.
She didnā€™t have a life without Mike but she still reached out to others.
Only the thought that she is at peace and with Mike gives me any comfort at all because I am missing my friend and I am not the only one.
Pat
xx

1 Like

Hi Sheila
Losing Jean has been a big shock to many of us who valued her friendship.
It was so sudden and we hope that she is with her beloved Mike and at peace.
Pat
xx