Loss of a forum member

It is with great sadness that I have been informed this week of the death of Jean (Jean2) who lived near Torquay. She had an accident at home which resulted in her passing away a week later in Torbay hospital.
Many members may remember Jean although she hasn’t been on the forum recently.
Our thoughts must be with her family and friends who are in deep shock.
Jean lived a rather isolated life since losing her husband Mike and was virtually housebound but devoted her time to her home which she had shared with her husband Mike.
She reached out to many people on this forum to offer help, support and compassion even through her own grief.
I first heard from her nearly two years ago and we bonded and was soon sending emails to each other everyday. Our emails were usually the mundane everyday stuff but at times we both were in need of a ‘go to’ friend who understood those bad days that take over. She connected with other members who were also struggling and proved an invaluable help to them.
Her grandson said he has lost the most important woman in his life and I am sure there are others of us who also feel we have lost a true friend.
She had no family living near her but she was close to them and only last month her sisters visited her after they hadn’t seen each other for three years.
Already I and others are feeling her loss deeply and the only comfort is that Mike came for his beloved Jean.
RIP dear friend, we love and miss you.
Pat

11 Likes

Oh Pat, that is sad. Thank you for letting us know. We must take comfort in knowing that Jean is now at peace and back with her beloved husband where she belongs. :heart:

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this, @Pattidot, she was such a supportive and compassionate member of the community. Thank you for letting us know; I hope you can reach out for support, too.

3 Likes

Thankyou Seaneen
She was such a kind person and always ready to reach out. Her tragic death has been such a shock.
Pat

1 Like

Hi Kate
Thanks. She was a very kind person and it is so sad and tragic. Like you I can only hope that she is with her Mike.
Pat
xx

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. Isn’t it funny how you can go on this forum and certain people seem to jump out and you end up following them? This happened to me with Jean2. I always looked for her posts and miss them now she has gone. She was a voice of reason.
RIP dear Jean

1 Like

Your so right Ann. Always ready to help someone with a kind word. I just can’t believe she is gone after an accident in her home. Seems so unfair but lets hope Mike came for her and she is back in his arms.
Nice to hear from you.
Pat
xx

Omg I have tried ringing her twice this week normally emails every week and chat every week I knew something was wrong I came on here to locate Noel whom she has regular contact with to see if he knew anything. Beautiful lady. Does anyone know how I can contact her grandson

1 Like

Nice to speak to you too. I hadn’t forgotten you one bit. Wish it could have been under better circumstances though.
Like you, I hope that lovely lady is with Mike now.
We must keep in touch.
Ann xx

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this sad news, my thoughts are with you too Pat as you have forged very special friendships through this site. I know you will feel this loss.

1 Like

Yes I am in contact with Jean’s grandson and will ask him if it’s OK to let you have his address. I daresay her family have a lot to get through at the moment so I am not troubling them too much but James is keeping in touch. Will let you know asap. I have located Noel and we are in touch as well as Rita who took her out on occasions.
We emailed each other every day so I was also concerned when I couldn’t contact her.
Pat

Hi
I think that those who were in contact with Jean will be missing her. She reached out to people, She told me recently that her need to help others was also helping her. It has all been so sudden and a total shock.
xx

1 Like

I met Jean here just after the death of my beloved wife Janet in June 21 . She was the essence of kindness and understanding. We wrote to each other daily ever since that first meeting . We became soulmates . She helped me through my darkest moments . We were able to share our most private thoughts and fears . We never judged each other and always understood every aspect of our personal grief. She was an amazing and wise lady . To say I will miss her is an understatement . She became an important part of my life .
I now feel that I am grieving the loss of two people .
One fateful day the mails just stopped . A few days later I heard from her grandson that she was in hospital. Shortly afterwards he told me the terrible news that she had passed away . We must always remember in life that one time will be the last time we see or hear from someone . We never know when that time will be .
Be at peace dear Jean . Back with your beloved Mike for eternity . It was a privilege to have known you . I will never forget … Noel x

3 Likes

Thank you Noel
Her emails just stopped and we had no way of knowing what had happened but never expected the tragic outcome.
There is to be no funeral as such at her own wish but her family have asked that we light a candle. I am awaiting information if there is to be a particular date for this and will let you know.
I am also missing a dear friend.
Pat…xxx

Lighting a candle is a lovely idea and I would be delighted to join in with that. (Delighted isn’t the right word, but you know what I mean).
Ann xx

Hi Ann
Thanks for that, yes I know what you mean. Jean also liked bubbles and regularly blew them into the air to her beloved Mike.
Pat

1 Like

Bubbles and a candle for a beautiful soul.
Kim x

Thanks Kim, your so right. We all miss her.
Pat xxx

Good afternoon to everyone on this thread.

My name is James and I’m Jean’s Grandson.

Thank you all for your kind words about my Nan; she was a beautiful, kind, and caring soul who always tried to help others without need for compensation or recognition. I know from speaking to her regularly that she met some very lovely and very dear people on here and she valued her friendships with each of you.

I wanted to share that her Cremation will be held next Tuesday (15th November) at 7:30am. I know she’d be thrilled to know she’ll be remembered by so many and I’d welcome you all to light a candle, blow some bubbles or however you’d feel comfortable marking her passing.

Also, if you know anybody on here who may also wish to know, please let them know as I haven’t been able to reach everyone my Nan knew sadly.

Blessings to you all on the loss of a friend. J Xxxx

3 Likes

Thanks for the information James . I truly hope you and your family are ok. I will certainly light a candle for your Nan . I know how dear she was to you. The grief and loneliness she felt during lockdown and after were not in vain. She helped many of us and gave us hope when there seemed to be none. A legacy indeed . She radiated warmth and compassion and never tried to judge . She was unique and will be missed by all who had the fortune to know her .
Rest in peace dear Jean x. Noel … .