Loss of a parent

Hi, I lost my mum in September, it wasn’t expected, I’m struggling with feelings of resentment towards my dad. I love my dad to bits and hate that I have these feelings. My mum and dad split about 25 years ago and I’ve always been close to both of them. My dad has COPD and had a lot of hospital admissions at the beginning of this year and we thought we would lose him. We didn’t and I’m so glad as I love him so much.
I just can’t shake the feeling of resentment that I lost my mum. I’m trying to be normal around him, but in private my emotions are getting on top
Of me. Please don’t judge me as I really do love my dad and I hate this feeling of resentment I have. Has anyone else ever felt this?

Hello @Rhubarbcrumble,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I’m glad you have found us, but I am so sorry for the loss of your mum that brings you here. I hope you find the community to be a support to you.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Thank you, I will look at the links you have shared.