Loss of a son

My son died a week on Tuesday don’t know why he was only 22

I am so sorry for your loss, I lost my 14 year old Son suddenly in March x

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my beautiful daughter Megan to sudden unexspectad death in epilepsy SUDEP. I never even knew about SUDEP. She only was diagnosed October 2017 with epilepsy after having 2 seizures. The 3rd one 31st August this year took her life. She was 18. We are still.in total disbelief and still asking why? It’s so unfair. How are we going to carry on and live without her. I cant ever imagine being happy again
I cry about her all of the time. I still worry about her and felt was it’s her whose passed and not me. I think about her all the time. Planning the day to lay her to rest was horrendous because how do you plan your child’s funeral. I’ve searched for counselling but most are saying it’s too early, I currently have support from SUDEP website. I know this will be a very long journey. People do tell me it’ll get easier but I’m not so sure yet. Sending you Big (((hugs)))
Teresa xx

Hello Teresa, I’m so very sorry to hear about Megan. Sudden death is a nightmare. The shock takes an awful toll on you. My son died in July in an accident, it’s surreal even writing those words. I don’t think happiness will be ours again. I think if we find a way to live life while carrying this pain, then that’s as much as we can hope for. And the other side of that coin is that I don’t want the pain to go because it seems to diminish what happened. Keep leaning on your family and friends for support, you will need help to get through the early months. Counciling is usually not offered until ten weeks and I now probably agree it wouldn’t be as helpful before this time, you wouldn’t be able to process anything. Take care and keep talking x