Loss of best friend

I lost my best friend last year, I now live in fear of loosing my parents as the pain is already unbearable. I am a social worker who sees people at the end of life, in situations they would not choose, and all I’m seeing is negatives, how can I see life more positively ??xx

Hello @P10,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Hi P10, I too lost my best friend last year. 1st loss I have experience and so so painful. I always thought he be there for me till the end and have him to lean on. It must be so hard for you and especially when you’re a social worker. I know if I lose my parent it will break me. I think all we can do now is spend much time with them and call them daily. we must cherish what we have with them now and make some happy memories. its so hard to see life positively, but do try and take walks when the sun is out. I started running and never ran in my life…maybe that will help…I send you much love xxxx