Loss of Both parents

Hi how do people cope with loss of both parents in a short period of time? My dad passed away in November last year & now my mum unexpectedly & suddenly passed away just yesterday & i am so overwhelmed with grief, both me & my sisters are going to struggle going forward.

1 Like

@BEC10 so sorry to hear your recent losses, it’s very early days for you and when it’s sudden it feels worse as it’s like being robbed of them. Take it hour by hour and get support from family and on here there are so many people with similar experiences they can offer there support. Hope you and your sisters are ok, sending lots of hugs xxxx

1 Like

Hi @BEC10

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your parents that brings you here.

It sounds like things are really tough right now and you are feeling overwhelmed, but please know that there is lots of help out there and you, and your sisters, are not alone.

I’m sure more members will be along to offer their support, but I also wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may be helpful right now.

Shout are also contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Take care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team

1 Like