Loss of brother

Hi I lost my brother to murder at Christmas I’m finding it extremely hard to cope with how he must have felt at the time of his death & not ever seeing him again

1 Like

Hello @grandprix74,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your brother. Losing anyone we love is traumatic but it can feel especially so losing someone to murder. I really hope you find the community to be a support to you.

You may already be in touch with them, but if not, SAMM (Support After Murder or Manslaughter) offer free, confidential peer support to people who have been bereaved by murder. You can get in touch at info@samm.org.uk, phone them on 0121 472 2912 or text on 07342 888570.

You may also find these Sue Ryder resources helpful as you cope with the death of your brother.

Take good care and keep reaching out,
Seaneen

Hi ,iam so sorry for the lost of your brother and in such an awful way, it’s so hard to try and understand how they must have felt at the end, think it’s the not knowing that is hard, my brother passed away suddenly he was on his own and wasn’t found for a couple of days, I can’t help but wonder how he must have felt being alone, it certainly plays on your mind. I hope you can find some comfort in this group and know that you are not alone take care

Thankyou for replying sorry to hear your brother was alone it’s so hard to not think how they must have felt . I’ve just shut my door & stayed in for week going to try going out tomorrow thank you

1 Like