Loss of daughter

Not sure if im going to gain anything from wrighting this bit right now i have nothing to lose. I lost my 24 year old daughter to suicide in june 2023 and i am struggling so much. My feeling are alot of different things rolled into one huge black cloud.
Questions i will never have answers for, guilt of could i have done more or why didnt i spot signs that she was going yo do this. My head can not switch off

2 Likes

Hello @Lindah2278 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter that brings you here, that is truly devastating.

You say you are struggling to understand all these emotions that are hanging over you which you describe as a black cloud. I wanted to share some sources of support that might help you right now.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

• You may also find Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide helpful - http://uk-sobs.org.uk/ 0300 111 5065

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

Hi Linda .

It’s good that you are writing on here . One thing I’ve learnt since my son left (also in June) is that it helps to talk to people that understand .
I know exactly how you are feeling as my son left this way also .
I still can’t believe it .
The best bit of advice I was given is to take each day at a time . I’m still doing this .
We are just trying to survive the worst loss .
I suppose we have to somehow accept we will never know exactly what was going through their minds to think their minds .
I cling to the hope I will see my boy again.

Be gentle with yourself .

Sending love and understanding :blue_heart:

Thank you i will check out the links you have sent on this pist. X

Firstly im so sorry to you also for your loss. It really is a loss like no other to loose a child isnt it.
I think any of us going through it harbor a range of emotions thats not good.
I do try and take it day by day but i feel like the days are getting harder not any easier if that makes sense.