Loss of husband

Hello, I lost my darling husband nearly 10 years ago but I am still feeling so sad, lost, angry and lonely. I simply exist now. I go on holidays and out sometimes but every day I just go through the motions. I hate my life without him by my side. I don’t know how to feel joy any more. I know most of you are more recently bereaved but I just had to get my feelings out as I have bottled them up for so long x

8 Likes

I’m 9 weeks but can imaging feeling like this forever

5 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, I lost my mum 5 yrs ago and it still feels like yesterday, the pain is the same , the emptiness, the loneliness, the feeling of just existing.
Joy is now a different feeling.
Life is certainly different now.
I find peace differently, bird’s singing beautiful flowers , good days I embrace and try to enjoy and bad days I accept and now our loved ones are with us :revolving_hearts:

I definitely feel we will be effected for a lifetime as it’s so painful and shocking, you’ll never forget it ever.
I’m glad you reached out and are able to share how you’re feeling.

2 Likes

Hi @Kate221 I really think I will be the same as you . It’s 8 weeks since his sudden death . We were so close I am broken . I’m 56 just and I think my life is going to be very difficult for a very long time

4 Likes

@Jol Hi, I’m 24 weeks in and felt like you at the beginning. 57 was no age to lose my partner suddenly, he was 49. It does get easier, days get less all consuming and you do find a way to survive.
I don’t know what my future holds but it doesn’t feel so bleak these days.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind messages after my post. It means a lot to know I am not on my own, even though it feels like I am.

1 Like

Anytime you want a talk I am here . Hugs to you

1 Like