Loss of husband

Hi everyone I’m not coping with the loss of my husband to cancer

1 Like

Hello @ticktock123,

I’m very sorry to hear about your husband. It sounds like your loss is very recent, and it’s completely understandable to feel you aren’t coping right now. Sadly, many of our members have experienced the loss of their loved ones to cancer and will understand some of what you’re going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

I lost my husband to cancer Dec 2022 just a few days before Christmas, he was diagnosed 2019 and kept fairly well throughout treatment and although his health started to decline, he was going to start a new treatment, but unfortunately that wasn’t to be as he collapsed and rushed into hospital where they thought he had an infection and seemed to pick up slightly but his body had enough, he always said he didn’t want to suffer pain and he had, he also wanted to be at home but he declined so quickly he didn’t get home but myself and our daughters were with him when he passed which was very peaceful. I never thought I could survive without him as he was my everything and although I miss him all the time I try and keep busy. Being at home is lonely and I shed many tears. Just now everything is so raw and so much to do and sort out, I hope you have support to help you. Cancer is horrible and it takes so many of our loved ones before there time. I’m going to do cancer research challenge in March where I walk 10,000 steps a day with money going towards finding cures for cancer. Doing this challenge will also help with my mental health just getting out and walking.

1 Like